Monday, December 22, 2008

The Ultimate Hurdler creation...

Sorry for the long delay....I have been setting up and arranging new equipment so I can increase my productivity at the Command Center....ended up getting another flat screen monitor and another P4 tower for better speed. Now I am using this program called Synergy to link both of my computers together and allow them to use one mouse and one keyboard....pretty freakin' sweet if you ask me. Google "Synergy" and it will be the first post....check it out if you got too many keyboards.

So, I know you are looking at the title and are like WTF??? Well, here is the backstory....David and Joel are 110 hurdlers who train together and live together. Now they have thier battles in practice but lately, David has been getting the best of Joel...so much where he has started calling hisself...Anderson Silva of the UFC sport...for his tenacity and tap out ability. That got me to thinking about making a poster to commemorate this...so I Googled "Ultimate Fighter" under images and this came up


So after gathering material and photos of David and Joel, I conjured up a picture that closely resembled the one above. I used layer masks and different layer effects for the text in the printer. The font I used for the The Ultimate Fighter part was called "Sofachrome"...if you were wondering. This was the end result....


I was quite pleased with the outcome but, there are some things I could have done better. I really dont like the text effects that I placed on some of the text areas. But I am satisfied with it...only gonna get better over time... Let me know what you think! Check out a larger view of the picture at www.davidoliverhurdles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment